Calvary Hillcrest Schools is a private co-educational complex made up of a Day Care, Pre-School, Primary and a Junior High School. It is registered by the Ghana Education Service and gazetted. The complex is situated on the Cape Coast-Takoradi Highway opposite the University of Cape Coast Grounds and Gardens and adjacent to the Centre for National Culture, (CNC) Cape Coast, Ghana.
Calvary Hillcrest Schools was founded by Mrs. Dedina V. Gadzekpo as a Day Care Centre on October 5, 1999 in the then University Residents’ Church (URC), now University Inter-denominational Church (UIC). It was then called UIC Day Care Centre.
It re-located to its present site and properly named Hillcrest Day Care Centre in January, 2000. It registered with Social Welfare.
As the number of children increased in number and age, it applied to become a pre-school with Ghana Education Service (GES).
In 2007, the school registered officially with GES to run a basic system and became known as Hillcrest Schools.
The Registrar Generals Department requested for a change in name since there is a Hillcrest School in Accra. The name was therefore changed to Calvary Hillcrest Schools and was duly registered in 2008.
It has since grown into a non-selective complex with over eight hundred pupils pursuing Day Care, Pre-School, Primary and JHS education. Our Basic school runs the calendar from September to late August. Apart from Public Holidays our school Daycare Department does not break.
The school complex is on one (1) acre plot, with an Utra Modern Computer Laboratory with thirty (30) computers with broadband internet access, a well equipped kitchen for home economics practicals and Library with over 2500 volumes of books with self contained spacious classrooms. The forty (40) room school block is surrounded by attractive and well tendered gardens and a beautiful landscape.
Our aims as a school complex are:
- To provide enabling environment where children are challenged and motivated to acquire knowledge
- To provide the needed foundation in the life of the child particularly in today’s dynamic social changes.
- To provide a carefully planned education that will meet the needs of every child.
- To provide successful early childhood care and stimulation programmes that lay the foundation for creativity, imagination, self reliance and survival.
- To allow children to apply themselves to work and become confident and self disciplined learners
- To develop the pupils sense of responsibility for the School and the Community at large
- To provide systematically planned quality educational programmes for the child up to the Junior High School level.
- To develop the awareness of the child which will enable him or her to easily adapt to situations.
- To co-operate with parents and stake holders to develop the child socially, morally, physically and spiritually.
Our school complex provides the following programmes/courses which are consistent with the requirements of Ghana Education Service
- English Language
- Environmental Studies
- Creative Arts
- Religious And Moral Education
- Ghanaian Language (Fanti)
- Information Communication Technology
- Citizenship Education/Social Studies
- BDT (Home Economics and Pre-Technical Drawing
Activities @ Creche
- Colour Identification
- Toilet Training
- Self Feeding
- Picture Reading
- Environmental Studies
- Number Game
- Language Activity
- Story Telling
- Number Recognition
Other Co-Curricular Activities
- School Based Projects-Spelling 'B', Essay Writing Competitions,
- Physical Education
- Music Lessons
Find below Headteachers of the the school:
|1999 - 2002||DEDINA V. GADZEKPO(MRS)|
2002 - 2004
2004 - 2006
GIFTY AKOSUA ANYONAM KODZI(MRS)
2006 - 2007
JULIANA BEDIAKO(MRS) (deceased)
2007 - To Date
PAUL KOBINA ESSANDOH(MR.)